Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Outfits Inspired by France

After a very long plane ride, I'm home! I loved loved loved France (who wouldn't?). It was an amazing trip. My mom, sister, and I got to go to Paris, Avignon, Nimes, and many more. Something that surprised me while visiting all of those cities was how diverse they all were. Even though some were in pretty close proximity to each other, the architecture and feel of the cities were very different. In honor of that, I'm going to share with you guys some outfits inspired by my favorite cities. Enjoy!  


1) Paris
Paris doesn't really need much of an introduction. When I was there, I noticed that most Parisians favor the same type of city-chic that many New Yorkers do. Obvious labels are uncommon, and the goal is to make understated pieces shine with bold accessories. The outfit below is almost an exact replica of one that I wore in Paris.
Outfit information on Polyvore

2) Marseille
Marseille is a beautiful port town in the south of France that also happens to be France's first city. As you can see in the picture, the colors of the architecture, boats, and ocean are all extremely vivid. While I was there, it was fairly hot, so I stuck to wearing a dress. This outfit is inspired by the bright colors of the port. 

3) Monte Carlo

We went to Monaco at the very end of our trip, pretty much just to be able to say we'd been to Monte Carlo. While walking around, I noticed that there were a lot of royal guards (according to Google, they're technically called gendarmes). I made this outfit inspired by their uniforms. PS props to them for being able to wear pants in that sweltering heat. 

  


 As much as I loved France, I'm very happy to be back home. If you want to see more outfits like these, you can follow me on Polyvore under the username: somethingpreppy. 

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment