Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lunchtime Discoveries

It's days like today that I'm extra happy that I'm a girl. It's around 100 degrees outside right now (not an exaggeration), and I'm so thankful that I can wear a breezy shift dress instead of having to wear a hot suit. Today my fellow intern and I had to carry a bunch of gift bags to the conference that our company was having at a hotel about seven blocks away. Not that far under normal circumstances, but in this heat and with our extra baggage it felt very long. On the way back I quickly stopped into a giant Hallmark store to try to take advantage of their air conditioning. Probably my first time in a Hallmark store in two or three years.  

While I was pretending to browse, I noticed this notepad and quickly snatched it up. How cute!! I love the patterns and the pink and green combination. Its hard to see in this picture, but the back of the pad on the inside is green with aqua polka dots. And it was only $3! I looked for this online when I got back to the office, but couldn't find it. 


On the second leg of my journey back to the office, I walked by this amazing sandcastle. It's seriously huge and so intricate. I wish that I had walked this route more so that I could have seen it being built. 

Overall, it was a lunch break of fun discoveries. Enjoy the rest of the day and stay cool!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment