Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Favorites From the New J. Crew Collection

Am I the only one who HATES that fall collections come out in the middle of summer? (Or that summer collections come out in the dead of South Bend winter?) They make me long for the changing seasons. I get extremely excited over new clothes, and am totally the girl who changes into her new shirt as soon as she gets back from the store. That makes this whole process even harder, because unless I want to melt I can't exactly stroll around NYC in fall clothing, no matter how much I want to. So, I'm going to have to settle for online "window shopping" at the moment. 
J. Crew has definitely been on the upswing the past year and a half (huge improvement from their teenage grunge phase), and this collection continues that trend. Although Lilly is my go-to in the summer, J. Crew is my favorite for pretty much every other season.I was very impressed by their lookbook as well-- it's a great example of transitioning summer pieces into fall. 

Toothpick jean in polka dot
So much to love in this. Great pant length, polka dots, and the shoes. Did I mention I LOVE the polka dots?

Collection cashmere button-back sweater in colorblock
J. Crew cashmere is one of the biggest teases in fashion. It's so beautiful, well-fitting, and soft that I feel like I can't leave the store without it. Unfortunately I'd be leaving the store without wayyyy too much money for that to be feasible. A good tip if you're like me and love their cashmere: around the middle of the season there's always a promotion that will make buying your favorite sweater less stressful for your wallet. Also, be sure to check out the sale rack towards the end of the season for great deals. 

Lace-front sweatshirt
I love how effortless yet polished this look is, and it would be so easy to replicate for class. It's a little hard to tell in the picture, but the sweatshirt  has a lace from that gives it a nice vintage and more upscale touch. 

Silk boy blouse with contrast trim
This is a perfect example of how to make shorts look polished and chic. The blouse is a great color for lots of skin tones (loving the pale model!), and the shorts are a good contrast to the light color. The impeccable tailoring and piping on the shorts make them very classy. 

J. Crew hit it out of the park with this one! Check out the rest of the collection here. Also, thank you to everyone who has emailed me so far about the college posts! I can't wait to answer your questions. 

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment