Monday, June 17, 2013

Welcome to Something Preppy!!


Hey blogosphere, welcome to Something Preppy! I’m Sydney, and I’m super excited to finally get started on this blog that I’ve been saying I’ll do forever. First, a little bit about myself:

 1)   I’m a rising sophomore at the University of Notre Dame (go Irish!) majoring in business with a minor in Italian
2)   Although I now spend most of the year in South Bend, I grew up in New York, and still consider myself a proud New Yorker
3)   I’m the oldest of 3 siblings; my younger brother and sister are both in high school
4)   I have 2 adorable dogs (you’ll probably be seeing a lot of pictures of them while I’m home for the summer)
4a. Meet Bella, our charming little Lab


4b. This is Harvey, the gentle giant German Shepherd
5) I have a really wide variety of interests; on any given weekend you can catch me perusing the Wall Street Journal (followed by Seventeen), hitting the mall (or the hiking trails) and spending time with my awesome friends

I’ve always loved reading and writing. As a kid I wrote tons of short stories and thought that I would be the next J.K. Rowling (note to my twelve year old self: there’s not a huge market for books about twelve year old blonde girls with secret magic powers). As I grew up, I also developed a love of fashion and expressing myself through clothing. I think that blogging will be a perfect combination of the two.

My blog is fondly named after something I can often be quoted saying. When friends ask me what I am going to wear to an event, my response is almost always “Something preppy!”. I envision this being a blog focused on accessible preppy fashion with some lifestyle stuff thrown in there.

Thanks so much for taking this journey with me and please leave comments about what you want to see here!

(Still thinking of a catch phrase),


post signature

TLDNR: Name’s Sydney, starting a fashion blog, look at my cute dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment