Wednesday, June 26, 2013

International Carry-On Essentials

I am so so so excited to be going to France very soon! I'll be traveling all around the country for a while, so last night I spent a good amount of time preparing what I'm bringing. I'm very fortunate to be able to say that I have been out of the country many times (as well as a lot of traveling within the US), so I have a lot of experience with packing for long trips. Below are my lists of essentials for your carry-on!


1) Passport (and cute case!)
My sister got me a passport case before a trip to Ecuador years ago. I love how it protects my passport, prep-ifies it, and helps me stay organized during hectic traveling.

2) Versatile tote
I've used the same Longchamp Le Pliage Large every time I've traveled since the beginning of high school. It's great because it's roomy and light, but still looks good if I want to take it out to dinner with me.

3) Good headphones
No matter where you're flying, there always seems to be an unhappy baby on your plane. These headphones have such good sound quality (and intense bass) that they help cancel out noise while listening to your favorite songs. Even though they may not be the prettiest, they're definitely the best.

4) Eye mask
I started becoming obsessed with these at school when my roommates and I had really different sleeping habits. They made it so easy for me to fall asleep, even with all the other lights on. On long flights in less than ideal sleeping conditions, these are a must. They also come in handy if you're sharing a hotel room with any family members who stay up late.

5) Glasses (if applicable)
Obviously not everyone wears glasses, but if you do don't leave them in your checked bag! I used to fly with my contacts in because I thought I looked bad in glasses, and it was torture. The dry air on the plane and the sleeping I did on the flight made the contacts dry out, causing my eyes to get all red...not attractive. Now I always wear glasses on the plane because they're definitely the more comfortable option over contacts (and I finally got some cute ones!)


6) iPad/Kindle
I've always been a Kindle girl, but I just got an iPad mini and I'm so excited to travel with it! These are awesome on planes for games, and watching movies, as well as making reading easier since you don't have to lug around all your books (pre-Kindle era, my carry-on used to weigh about 15 pounds because of books).

What are your travel essentials? Where should I visit in France!?

post signature





No comments:

Post a Comment