Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday Favorites

One of the most amusing quotes that I have read recently was "why is Monday so far from Friday but Friday so close to Monday?" I feel like the weekends take forever to get here but are gone way too quickly. That makes Friday easily the best day of the week, and the perfect day to list my favorites!

1) Lilly Pulitzer tumblers
I drink a lot of water, and I'm really happy with these tumblers that I got on sale at Rue La La. They're sturdy, don't sweat, obviously adorable, and are easy to clean. They also do a great job of keeping the drink insulated. 

Inline image 1
via my Instagram
2) Lilly Pulitzer dress
This might be my favorite dress ever. At the very least, it's tied with my gold Jacks as my favorite purchase of the summer. On a hanger, the patterns look like they wouldn't be flattering, but it looks so great on. I was thrilled to find this one sale, and very excited that my size was the last one left!

A beautiful picture of Battery Park taken by my boyfriend!
3) Battery Park
The weather in New York for the past few weeks has been horrible. Either it's way too hot to be outside or its too rainy. The weather is finally getting better (just in time for my internship to be winding down) and I get to enjoy one of my favorite activities-- sitting in Battery Park to read. The park has a beautiful view of the Statue of Liberty (which I've never actually been to #typicalnewyorker) and some very nice landscaping. I look forward to my lunch hour mostly so that I can hang out there.

Inline image 1
I know you're all probably really sick of my bow obsession by now, but I had to share this top. The bow detailing is so feminine, and I love the mint color. My only issue is that it's slightly sheer so I have to be careful what I wear under it.

5) Tall nonfat iced mocha from Starbucks
I didn't drink coffee until I got to college, and even then I didn't drink that much (unless I needed to to get through Theology...terrible class). However, I have become truly addicted this summer. I go to the same Starbucks every morning...to the point that when I walk in the door they have my drink ready for me. Although I hate the taste of coffee, I actually like the taste of mochas (maybe because they're more sugar than coffee). I'm slowly trying to wean myself off these before I go back to school for the sake of my Flex Points.


6) SHARK WEEK
I love bows, monograms, and polka dots, but it might surprise you to know that I love Shark Week on Discovery Channel as much as I love all of those. I've been fascinated by sharks since I started scuba diving in middle school, and I think that Shark Week is pretty much the best thing ever. To make it even better, my favorite ice cream store, Coldstone, now has blue sweet cream ice cream instead of the regular white to celebrate Shark Week! I can't wait until it starts this Sunday.

What are you looking forward to this weekend?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment