Monday, June 17, 2013

Outfit of the Day

This summer, I'm lucky enough to have an internship in NYC. I've had several internships before, but this is my first "corporate" internship where the dress code has really been strict. Officially, we're supposed to dress business formal, but the ladies I work with tend to fall a little more on the business casual side, so I've been following their lead. I know that a lot of people my age struggle with it, but I love getting dressed for work. A business casual dress code is the perfect opportunity to wear all the super cute clothing that I have but that is a little too formal for everyday life, as well as to showcase some prep :)

There are only two things that trip me up when I'm thinking about what to wear:
1) I commute every day. That means a car to a train to a subway and then a walk, so anything I wear has to be able to withstand all this travel and still look good. It also has to be acceptable to run to catch a subway in (not ashamed to admit I've been that person leaping onto the subway at the last second).
2) My office is predominately male, so most of the people I work with are wearing suits despite the heat and humidity outside. This means that our air conditioning is INTENSE. I'm talking goosebumps and chattering teeth. When I'm getting dressed, I have to remember that even though it is hot during my commute, I'm going to be dealing with near-Artic temperatures for most of the day.

That being said, here's my first OOTD!




 Shirt: J.Crew (similar)
Skirt: Express
Shoes: Corso Como

Please feel free to leave me questions or comments! I'm always going to be posting OOTD's on my Instagram (something_preppy) first, then posting in more detail on the blog. I'm also going to try to take these pictures before I leave for work instead of when I get home so that I'm a little less wrinkled. 

Thanks for reading! (Is that a good catchphrase? Seriously, I need feedback!)

post signature






No comments:

Post a Comment